Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jackisms and little updates

I know it's been about a month and a half since I've updated, but I thought I'd just let you all in on some things that Jack has been saying lately. He's learned to say four of his colors and a few other things. This isn't a complete list, just a few of them, and this is how he says them:

black= "buh-LACK"
blue= "booo"
pink= "beak"
yellow= "lullow"

Arwen= "awwuh"
Ellie= "ell"

slide= "lahl"
balloon= "buhloo"
cow= "boo!" (instead of moo)
walk= "wahk" (I realize that is about the same)
milk= "guk"
water= "wah"
soccar ball= "hockah bah

and my personal favorite:
thank you= "wahcome" (welcome)
The best part about this is that he says it without being prompted. I'll give him a sippy cup with milk and as he walks away I'll hear him say "wahcome."

OK, so that's my little Jack post. Now here are pics of the kids I took just tonight, so they're very recent. Arwen is a big first grader this year:



Ellie is looking less like a chubby toddler and more like a little girl. But she's still tiny!


Jack is just huge! His feet are the same size as Ellie's (only fatter! ;) ) and all of the kids are about the same size around in their waists!


(ignore the food-stained shirt!)

I love my kids! And just in case you're wondering, I love my husband, too! John has been extremely busy this year since he's the technology coordinator for the whole building and he's teaching a new curriculum of technology and has twice the students he had last year. He's been impressing his superiors and peers and is making people's technological lives easier. Eventually, he'd like to teach language arts, but it's an interesting and enlivening break for him.

I survived Italian this summer (thanks to John) and lived to tell the tale! I'll be starting my last term of my Bachelor's degree this Tuesday and I'm really looking forward to being able to say that I FINALLY have a college degree!

Alright, that's all for today's post! Ciao, ciao bella famiglia!


6 comments:

Libby said...

Holy cow, they are getting so big and grown up!!!!

Pals said...

Yeah for updates! I sure do love my grandkids, and their parents too.

Binns Family said...

Your kiddos are so cute!!! I think our Jack's would be good buds, they sound a lot a like.

John Sperry said...

Yeah, Amy, I've often thought that our Jacks are like twins sent to two different mommies!

Anonymous said...

your kids are adorable! we have such good memories laughing with you guys. i'm not sure what all it was about, but we always liked to be with you guys, too fun. go cougs, and go lakers!

The Carlsons said...

I am glad to see that you are doing well. You have cute kids. Say hi to my cousins for me. Ralph Carlson