Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Arwen got her ears pierced today....

Hello, blogosphere,

It's been a while since either of us has blogged on here. If you're looking to point a finger, I'd blame it on FACEBOOK. Really there is no other reason. Mini-blogging has become so much easier for us.

Well, tonight I started to feel a little guilty for being so lazy. I mean, it's a crazy cycle of progressive laziness. Think about it. When e-mail showed up on the scene, we no longer even bothered getting dressed in the morning because there was no need to go buy stamps before the mail man got to the box. When blogging happened we stopped CCing our emails to everyone in our address books, and now that Facebook is here, we no longer have a need to even be personal anymore; just shoot it out there for anyone that may have known you at some point in your life to see.

So here I am, taking a step backward, yet I feel it is a progressive step in the right direction. I'm getting personal again... sort of. I might even go buy some stamps tomorrow just to show all the cyberjunkies that "hey, I'm tired of impersonal mini-blogging, and I'm not going to take it anymore... or at least I'm not going to do it as much anymore."

Anyway, to my point.

Sarah and I decided after seeing our daughter sport some cute but excessively cheap toy clip-on earrings for the past two weeks, we would take her to get her ears pierced. Long story short... I cowered and cringed, she cried, we hugged, she got a sucker, and she looked in the mirror and loved it. The End. Ok, that's not all of it. She was very brave after the first one. I think this is why guys usually only get one earring, because after the first one, we're outta there. This is also why women have the babies.

Here's a pic.
She only looks mad because after we got home, I made her clean up a mess she made. What was I thinking? She was coming off of a little narcissistic ego boost, how could I ask her to do the menial labor of a mere mortal? Well, nobody's perfect.

2 comments:

vdhfamtng said...

Wow earrings! Can't believe it! Such a big girl!
I totally support your attempt to "get personal" again. That is one thing I hate about Twitter and Facebook, all the personal gets lost. I'm all about having just a few close relationships than a bunch of impersonal ones. I check your blog almost everyday for updates, so at least think of your sister who loves keeping track of what you and the fam are doing.

Pals said...

WAY TO GO ARWEN! My big girl! I can't wait to see your pretty earrings in person.
I happy you are getting back to the blog. I love keeping up on what your fam is doing. I don't twitter (never have, don't see a need) and I no longer FaceBook (took up too much time), so blogging is the next best thing to face-to-face. We may be up to Eugene next week sometime. We'll call.
Love you,
Mom