Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sperry Boys and Their Loco Lakers Obsession

So over the course of the last month I have been subjecting my poor family to the NBA playoffs... again. And like the last 8 years, they have had to suffer through my ups and downs with the Lakers.


This is what happened when the Lakers lost game 6 to Houston. Yes, it was an accident. I threw the cup at the refrigerator and Sarah's computer was cought in the crossfire. As you can see I did fix it with a brighter screen.

Unfortunately for the family the Lakers have made it all the way through the playoffs and landed in the Finals two years in a row. Now that it's looking pretty good for the purple and gold, I thought I'd share a little of how we've celebrated this horrific time of year.

A few weeks ago my frined Manny returned to the land of his nativity, Los Angeles, and while there he found himself surrounded by Lakers playoff pandimonium and thought of me. So, in his extreme generosity he bought me this #24 Kobe Bryant jersey. Can you believe that? What a guy. To date I have yet to actually purchase a piece of replica Lakers uniform since Sarah bought me the shorts and Manny the Jersey, and it gets better still.


Here I am sporting the Jersey and my WCF beard. As you all know, the beard worked. Lakers beat the Nuggets in 6.

Today I came home to see that our babysitter Katelyn was still at the house and Sarah was excited to show me what Katelyn had gotten for Jack. Looking for the treasure I laid my eyes in a beautiful gift indeed...

She got Jack his very own Shaq Jersey off of ebay. Can you believe the people that foolishly feed this obsession? So far I've sucked in my wife, my friend, and now the babysitter; boowhahahahaha, my plan is going better than I could have imagined.

So now for game 4 of the Finals tomorrow night we will have one of the greatest Laker wannabe one-two punch combos in history...

Jack and Dopey, are number 1
(Get it? Like Shaq and Kobe. I kill myself sometimes)


So that's the craziness my family has to put up with. Please pray for them :)

And I still have yet to actually buy a piece of Lakers uniform gear.

4 comments:

Pals said...

Ah, my Laker boys! What a fine pair you make. Looking forward to having here next week. And the girls too, of course!

vdhfamtng said...

Jack cracks me up, how cute!!! So what you're saying is I should return the Utah Jazz t-shirt I bought you? Just kidding, I didn't actually do that.

Jeannetta said...

She was SOOO worried that the little jersey wouldn't fit him, I'm glad to see it does!

Anonymous said...

yay! go lakers! we have a constant rivalry going on in this house so it's good to see someone is on my side! :)