Friday, June 26, 2009

Our New House

...and the fun that comes with it!

Most of you know that we moved about a month ago; but John was finishing up his teaching for the year and watching the NBA playoffs and I was finishing up spring term and starting summer term early. Consequently, no pics or updates on our new abode. To sum it up, we love it! We are super happy with our place and the extra space that we now have. But, one of the things that we really like is that it's not a townhouse or apartment. It's a real house in a real neighborhood, really close to some members from our ward. Also, directly across the street from our backyard is John's work. Here is the place we now call home:



With a house comes the maintenance of the yard, which the previous tenants pretty much completely ignored. Thus, it's chock full of weeds and half-dead. So we borrowed a lawn mower for now (that's on our list of things to buy when we can budget it in) and used some weed and feed and pulled a lot of weeds. But, I digress. The fun part about all this (besides feeling like adults, finally! ;) ) is that we had to purchase a sprinkler and you know, it is summer...


Ellie, before the water:

Arwen, not nearly as wet as she would eventually become:
Jack got absolutely soaked!!
I just like this picture of my not-so-baby little boy.

So, now that John is out for the summer and I only have Italian to focus on this term (once I finish my Shakespeare paper on Macbeth, that is) we can really enjoy each other as a family, yay!!

I hope all of you are enjoying your summer!

p.s. please excuse the excessive amount of parenthetical statements in this post!

8 comments:

Libby said...

Yay for cute kids, sprinklers, cute wet kids and yard work responsibilities! I am glad you are loving the new place!

vdhfamtng said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you're in a real house finally. Great pics.

Cindy said...

Yippeee!!! I remember those feeling of finally being in a house instead of sharing a wall with neighbors. Felt like we finally were free!!!! Your kids are getting so big!! Congratulations!!! Now John can come home for lunch. Good luck in Italian!

Pals said...

I love the pictures. Kids in sprinklers are so fun and funny. Did Ellie ever get wet?

Binns Family said...

How fun to be in a house! We have loved ours and it is so nice to have a yard...the up keep up is non-stop, but worth it. I love to send the boys in the back when I make dinner...less help is usually better.

Kim said...

Congrats, guys! I had no idea you moved...it must be nice to be in a real house!

alex said...

congrats. i'm happy for viewing your new house. Keep posting your great work!!!




Minnesota Real Estate




Christmas Gift Baskets

Green Team said...

That must have been so much fun!