Friday, April 3, 2009

Bring it on suckas!

So, maybe I'm just glad that I finally have a boy. After years of not caring and even being gleeful that I only had little girls, I have discovered the joys of having the male variety.

Yes, all parents wish their kid was good at something. For a lot of dads (most, if I'm not mistaken) having a boy that is good at some sport is preferred. Thus, I can see the accusations right now. But, trust me, we didn't expect this. It turns out Jack is freakishly attracted to all things basketball. Namely, the basket and the ball. I didn't realize how much he was attracted to it until he started getting really excited when he saw a basketball game on TV. Then, when we were down in Roseburg, we (Joleane, Mom, and I) took the kids for a walk and Jack kept striding off across the street or back to where we had come from because he saw a basketball hoop and wanted to get closer. "Bah!" (Ball)

Anyway, here's the proof. How many one-year-olds do you know that can do this?



So, bring on the game suckas!

3 comments:

Emilia said...

That's pretty awesome! I can't wait till Max can feed the rock to Jack in the low post for some alley-oop action! Like Porter to Kersey in the good ol' days!

Kris

Jacquelyn said...

That is so cool! And I loved his big, happy smile when he got it in. Skills and charm... how fun is that!

Libby said...

Seriously, your kids are so stinking cute! We had to watch the video again because we miss your house and your kids and you guys, too!