Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Summing up Christmas 2008

Well, the holidays are almost over and I would be remiss if I didn't post some pictures of our season. But first, a brief explanation: John took some pictures of Christmas morning. John got a new flash for our camera (Thanks, Dad Sharp!) and took some even better pictures when we were in Roseburg. John dumped them on his computer. John's hard drive crashed. We no longer have our Christmas pictures.

However, I did get some pictures of the kids yesterday that will supplement this post. First of all, Jack seemed to enjoy Christmas and all his presents, but he did manage to burn his fingers on Grandma and Grandpa's pellet stove because I wasn't being watchful enough. The funny thing is, he's quite tough and was a lot less upset after I stopped icing the burns and just let him run around again. Behold:


One of the most beloved toys of this Christmas was a $3 foam sword that Ellie got from me and John. Ellie's been using anything and everything for a sword and we figured that she'd be better off with something less dangerous than a hard plastic tube to brandish. In this picture she's saying "Raaawrrr!!" (And her mouth has chocolate on the side.)



Do you know that point when you realize that your kid can do something that you can't? It's really bizarre. This is the first time I've experienced it and it fills me with pride. It turns out that Arwen has pure raw talent in...(drum roll please)...the Hula Hoop!! For those of you who saw her on Christmas day, you didn't get the whole picture. She got a heck of a lot better. She's wicked good at it and I can't do it at all. She even gets into the rhythm like those people who've been doing it for a while. The following picture is of her Hula Hooping with both her and Ellie's Hula Hoops and they are two different sizes. She keeps telling people that now she doesn't have to practice at Wal-Mart anymore. Turns out she's wanted one for a while.


Finally, I just wanted to post a picture of what DeLynne (and Ron ;-) ) gave us. This meant so much to me and John. For those of you who don't really know her and her abilities, you'll get a good idea. My camera flash made the center of the picture (mostly Jack) look washed out, but it really looks like how the girls appear in this picture. Thanks Delynne!



We hope that you all have had an excellent Christmas and that you have a good New Year, too! I'll post the race after tomorrow!

2 comments:

Emilia said...

Wow! That picture is so amazing! I wish I had a smidge of DeLynne's talent. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Pals said...

Did you actually delete the pictures of of John's camera card? I just hate that when it happens. Arwen is simply amazing, and I laughed when I read that she had to go to Walmart to practice. I can't wait to hear about the race!